June 27, 2011

shock therapy

white room
silent
sterile hands press electrodes to my head
are you my friend?
bright lights burn my eyes, my soul
hollow smiles try to reassure me
the cold from the table settles into my bones

the pain explodes in my head
straps angrily dig into me as my body spasms
the pain explodes in my head
the demons retreat to their caves
the pain explodes in my head
i no longer care
the pain explodes in my head
erasing me
the pain explodes in my head
i no longer care
the pain explodes in my head
the demons retreat to their caves
the pain explodes in my head
straps angrily dig into me as my body spasms
the pain explodes in my head

the cold from the table settles into my bones
hollow smiles try to reassure me
bright lights reflect my vacant eyes, my vacant soul
are you my friend?
sterile hands remove electrodes from my head
silent
white room


copyright © 2011 Kevin Routh

1 comment:

  1. Me likey. Kind of reminds me of one of my poems, but also of a poem I read once (it won the national poetry contest or something like that) that can be read forwards and backwards with different meanings (cool poem. You should look it up. c:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...