October 26, 2011

The Blue Haired Girl

The blue haired girl sat in her tree all day
Reading a book about trees – that’s what they say
She never came down to eat or to rest
She sat up in that tree like a bird in a nest

The Cherry trees blossomed
The Pear trees flowered
The Pine trees bristled
And the Redwoods towered

The blue haired girl just sat in her tree and read
Her face never left the book – that’s what they said
She never came down to dine or to sleep
She just sat up in that tree never making a peep

The winter leaves shivered
The spring leaves bloomed
The summer leaves danced
And the autumn leaves zoomed

The blue haired girl kept reading year after year
Never leaving her tree – that’s the story I hear
They say she’s still there today, reading about trees
She sits up in that tree, her hair blowing in the breeze

The Oak trees whisper
The Walnut trees sigh
The Maple trees sing
And the Willow trees cry


copyright © 2011 Kevin Routh

14 comments:

  1. she is a reading fairy?

    beautiful and upbeat take,
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice take on the prompt, Kevin! Well done!

    http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/10/26/my-very-own-angel/

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a spirit girl. Great poem I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lyrical story telling woven through this poem.
    A beautifully whimsical read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative! I just love how one picture can inspire so many different responses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 4 seasons,
    all kinds of trees, she keeps reading, how lovely.

    very fun and smart take,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful!
    I love the idea of forever staying in a tree and reading the day away :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am out of my tree and I have changed my hair. Try to see if you can find me...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't say anything that hasn't already been said except that's a bloody good poem I think you could get several of yours published.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with that Kiki person you need to get theses poems published I like to come back and read them more than once and i'm much more comfortable with a book in my hand :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...