October 7, 2011

love poem

she was old
much too old for this nonsense
her children and her grandchildren were all grown

yet here i am

she gazed at him as he walked up to where she sat
her heart beat faster

so handsome

his rich mocha skin
contrasted with his perfect white hair
and perfect white smile

hold me

he stopped in front of her
reached out his slender hand
his kind smile gently grabbed her heart

my beautiful cuban

she stood and held his hands
his hazel eyes caressed her face

my love

as they walked arm in arm
out of the miami heat
into the hotel
she felt like a young woman again 
desired
loved


copyright © 2011 Kevin Routh


Thank you Thursday Poets Rally for this Perfect Poem Award
I nominate Papo for the next award.

21 comments:

  1. lovely story on love.
    love makes life young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful, tender poem.
    Loved reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! I myself write poems... but this is truly amazing... How you have described her... <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! This is such a sweet and vivid portrayal of a tender moment. Very nicely done!

    http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/10/05/treasure/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love ripens as it ages, and by the end.. it becomes pure and blissful.. excellent thought..

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off...nice site you have. Secondly, I liked how this was kind of a poem within poem. It was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You pen a tender moment. Very smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful. Warms the cockles of my old heart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Touching poem. I like the use of the single lines.

    http://www.jackedwardspoetry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice..i think on some level we all want to be recognized and desired...really sweet spin on this...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This gave me chills all over my body - literally. I am wishing for those emotions one more time in my life ...........

    ReplyDelete
  12. So nice to think that we are never too old for love. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yeah, i can see this happening in Miami. if you had skipped that part, it would have taken a lot away from the whole.

    http://zongrik.wordpress.com/2011/10/02/triolet-vi/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello.
    Love knows no time, season or age.

    Simply beautiful & really liked your image.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Yesterday With You

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enough to make us all green with envy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. The sentiment is all here in these words. I love this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love does not have to be between young people. Mature love is more enduring, more desirable..

    I really like this. The italics makes so much sense..

    alley and valley

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a beautiful poem. I was also nominated for the Perfect Poet of the Week Award: How did you get the image on your post?

    alexdissing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...