November 8, 2011

Much Too Much


I’ve never taken a liking
To a red-bearded Viking
Because Vikings are much too much
Much too much grouchy for me
But…
I always like to bother
To snuggle with my Father
Because my Father is much too much
Much too much snuggly for me

I’ve never met the stare
Of a ferocious grizzly bear
Because bears are much too much
Much too much grizzly for me
But…
I always seem glad
To wrestle with my Dad
Because my Dad is much too much
Much too much wrestly for me

I’ve never eaten toast
With a Halloween ghost
Because ghosts are much too much
Much too much spooky for me
But…
I always love to eat-sa
My Daddy’s pepperoni pizza
Because his pizza is much too much
Much too much yummy for me

I’ve never failed to cringe-a
From the sneak-attack ninja
Because ninjas are much too much
Much too much sneaky for me
But…
I always like to play
With my Daddy every day
Because my Daddy is much too much
Much too much playful for me



copyright © 2011 Kevin Routh

3 comments:

  1. As a father my favorite joy was most likely all our snuggle time, all the I love you's, all the hugs. As far as wrestling they could never even begin to defeat me because of all my training through my entire junior high years in amateur wrestling. They would always claim I had a weight advantage but I would claim they were stronger. But when they were in their twenties the two of them ganged up on me with the element of tickle and I was a goner.

    Loved your poem.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...