December 20, 2011

Lazy Boy


I never really learned Kung Fu
The piano, I gave up
My baseball shoes are stuffed in a corner
And I never potty trained my pup

My kite is stuck up in the neighbor’s tree
My model car still hasn’t been built
My bedroom is just a horrible mess
And my plants have all started to wilt

I’ve tried to finish so many things
But they were all so very hard
Even my yo-yo lays tangled on my floor
And my skateboard has been left out in the yard

My dad says that I should persevere
He says I should never, ever quit
But even trying has become so difficult
And I’m not sure that I like it one bit

But I guess that maybe my dad might be right
Not quitting should be a snap
I think that now I will clean up my room…
Right after I take a quick nap!




copyright © 2011 Kevin Routh

7 comments:

  1. You have channeled your inner Shel, admirably. Fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have described, in well-composed verse, a large majority of my childhood. Now that you mention it, it is quite Shel-like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings:

    Happy Happy New Year.

    Appreciated your support of 2011,

    Best Wishes for the year of 2012…

    Your contribution is always welcome!

    Lots of blessings and cheers sending your way.

    See you soon.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kevin. Such an amazing blog you have here. I think this post was really neat.

    Thanks so much for your recent comment on my blog. I think gradual is the way to go. Cutting down on meat consumption and increasing your vegetable consumption can have a huge impact on how you feel. When I increased my vegetable consumption, I started feeling better than ever. Plus, it's a great way to encourage healthy eating for kids because your daughter will want to copy whatever Dad is doing. :)

    Wishing you a happy and healthy new year! -Lola

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great post! The line about not potty training your pup really tickled me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...