January 13, 2012

nothing

the sad smile on your lips and
the tears in your eyes
mean nothing
nothing
to me

the half hearted apologies and
the irrational explanations
mean nothing
nothing
to me

my heart betrays my anger
i want to hold you tight
as i flirt with forgiveness
again
again

but the images of your betrayals and
the sounds of all your lies
mean nothing
nothing
to me

because the years we spent together and
all the love that we shared
meant nothing
nothing
to you














copyright © 2012 Kevin Routh

9 comments:

  1. Moving lines that seem to come from someone with a very broken heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn. I'm jealous of this one, I wish I would have came up with it.

    A great poem my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great feedback all! Some poems (like this one) are cathartic...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt very choked by this one the ending is so moving with such sadness portrayed so succinctly. This is powerful and I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a heart rending poem! The pic works very well with the distress described in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Kevin, I am new to your blog and decided the best place to begin was with the most recent poem posted. It shows great emotion and a deep soul searching. It's so easy to 'say' never again but seemingly much more easy to be convinced to try one more time. The end pretty much summed it up and gave the answer needed to the question.

    I just opened up my own poetry blog... I've been posting on it for some time but have kept it private until recently. I have belonged to a couple of different writing/poetry sites but decided having my own special space much more personal and satisfying. I am on the look out for other poets I can read and enjoy and hope to flip through your pages.

    Jira

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great poem man!

    FOLLOWING

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...